World of Warcraft - Druid WOW Gold Guide
You may have heard the largely untrue myth that hunters are the sole dominators of the wow gold grinding scene, but today I’ll show you why I consider Druids to be the ultimate kings of the gold hill. First off, whereas a hunter may be a good choice for an auto-bot grinder, a skilled human user playing a druid will be much more efficient. Advantages that druids have over hunters when grinding include:
- Higher survivability
- Higher gank proof metrics on PVP servers (ever tried ganking a druid? You’ll know what I mean).
- Faster travelling between mobs or nodes due to the awesomeness of their instant flight form (a friend of mine rolled a grinding druid solely to benefit from this advantage)
- Lower downtimes due to their ability to heal/withstand more damage (thus more mobs at a time, or faster mob targeting)
Sure, DPS might not be as high as a hunter’s and you may lack some of its CCing, but trust me, in the long run, the four advantages stated above will spell out “pwned” in yellow snow, for each hunter out there. Assuming you’re not a min-maxxer, which would have you pick up Enchanting, Alchemy or Leatherworking as your professions, I would advise you to pick up either Herbalism or Mining, or heck, if you’re good at tracking them, go for both. You have two main advantages over any other class (except rogues, partly) if you pick any or both of these two gathering skills:
- The above mentioned instant flight form will win you precious seconds in the long haul (think about it, 3 seconds saved for the mount cast time at each mob, at 4 mobs per minute equals around 12 minutes saved for every grinding hour!!!) and it will allow you to quickly spot veins and herbs on the map, stop to pick them up, then continue your flight with no downtime.
- Your ability to stealth will allow you to skip fighting useless mobs and wasting time getting to the resource nodes